With this privacy statement, we inform our customers about the processing of their personal information. When using the service, we at Wastebook Oy collect information about the use of our application. The purpose of the application is to empty the waste bins on request. Therefore, sharing information with the waste management company is necessary to use the services.
The registrar and contact information
The controller of the personal data processed is
Wastebook Oy (Business ID 2990778-1)
Teknologiantie 18, 90590, Oulu, Finland
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer: Mikko Ahokas, email@example.com, +358 40 502 5249
Legal basis for the use of personal data
The data subject has given his or her consent to the use of the data which he or she discloses to the controller to the extent necessary for the use of the company’s services.
The following information can be collected from the customer:
- Self-identifying or personally identifiable information:
- Location of the waste container
- Customer identification information
- Data observed from the use of the application and derived from analytics:
- Application usage history
Purpose of data processing
The information is collected so that the data subject can use the company’s services or acquire the company’s products.
Data is also collected to improve the services of the company and third parties. In this case, the third party is the waste management company that provides waste collection services.
The data is also used anonymously for commercial purposes. The customer is not identifiable in any way from this information.
Personal information is collected for
- Creating and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivery, processing and archiving of orders
- Development of the company’s operations and services
- Development of the controller’s activities and services
- Analytical and statistical purposes
- To develop the customer experience and customer service
- Creation and commercial release of anonymized databases.
No personal profiling or automatic decisions are made.
Data protection and disclosure to third parties
All personal data is protected against unauthorized access and against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, transfer, or other unlawful processing of the data. Your data will only be visible to those persons whose duties include the execution of the purpose of the processing.
We may disclose the information to third parties to ensure delivery, for marketing, and for commercial purposes. The data will not be transferred to a non-EEA country or to an international organization.
We will only retain your personal information for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this privacy statement. Anonymized material created based on your information will be retained for the time being. In addition, some information may be retained for longer to the extent necessary to fulfill and demonstrate the proper performance of statutory obligations, such as accounting and consumer trade responsibilities.
At the customer’s request, personal data concerning him or her may be deleted or anonymized from Wastebook Oy’s systems. Deletion and anonymization are irreversible, and we are unable to recover deleted customer accounts or customer information. Please note that you only have the “right to be forgotten” if we have no legal obligation to continue processing your personal information. Blocking the processing of your information may also be a reason for not providing our services if we are unable to provide the services without processing your information.
As a customer you have the right to:
- Gain access to personal information about you, including the right to receive a copy of personal information about you.
- Request the correction or deletion of personal data about you.
- Under certain conditions, request a restriction on the processing or object to the processing of personal data.
- The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint against the processing of his or her data with the supervisory authority, which is the Data Protection Supervisor.
In addition, if processing is based on separate consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of data processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Prohibiting the processing of data may prevent the service from being provided.
You can request the data stored for Wastebook Oy by contacting the Data Protection Officer.